• 26 Court Street, Suite 701, Brooklyn, NY 11242
  • (855) 768-8845 (Available 24/7)
  • info@311immigration.com

B2 Visa

The B2 Visa is issued to tourists, and may also be granted to spouses, children, and parents of B1 Visa holders. Activities allowed on a B2 are any legitimate activities of a recreational character, including tourism, amusement, visits to friends and/or relatives, rest, medical treatment and activities of a social or service nature. The B2 Visa can also be used by foreign students wishing to visit or tour U.S. schools prior to enrollment. You should make sure to inform the embassy or consulate of your intentions when you receive the B-2 Visa. You may then be able to change your status at a later time without leaving the U.S.

Documents To apply for a B2 Visa: You must supply the following documents:

  1. A completed visa application. (Some applicants will also be required to submit an additional form.
  2. Two recent photographs 1 & 1/2 inches square (37mm x 37mm) of each applicant, with the entire face visible. The picture should be taken before a light background and without head covering.
  3. A passport, valid for travel to the United States for at least six months longer than your intended visit.

You may also be asked to provide the following documents:

  1. Evidence showing the purpose of your trip. You may show a letter sent by a travel agent explaining the purpose and length of the trip. You may also show letters from relatives or friends that you intend to visit.
  2. If you are traveling to the U.S. for medical purposes, you should have a statement from a doctor or medical institution about your treatment.
  3. A copy of a tour itinerary.
  4. Proof of your intention to leave the U.S. after a temporary visit. Round-trip air tickets will help show intent to return to your home country.
  5. Proof that arrangements have been made to cover the cost of your trip. An affidavit of support may be required for children who are traveling.
  6. If you do not have enough funds to support yourself while in the U.S., you must provide evidence that an interested person will provide support.
  7. You may also provide evidence that establishes your ties with the financial sponsor.
Calendar is loading...
- Available
- Booked

Full Name*:

Email Address*:

Phone Number*:

Choose Appointment Time*:

Referred By*:

Describe Your Legal Matter*:

Choose Method of Consultation*:

*Immigration Reform Consultations (In-Office Only)*

Translate »